Our Top Selling Bore Cleaning Solvent
Endorsed by barrel manufacturers and top competitive shooters, Montana X-Treme’s bore solvent is the best general-purpose gun cleaning product on the market today. Effective on carbon, lead and copper fouling, MTX Bore Solvent’s proprietary buffered solution will not damage barrels. It may even be left in the bore overnight to remove especially stubborn copper deposits.
- Soak a suitable sized Montana X-Treme patch in Bore Solvent and mount on a jag.
- From the receiver end (and preferably through a bore guide) push patch through the bore allowing it to fall off as it exits the barrel. Repeat with a new patch. For maximum results allow the barrel to “soak” at least 15 minutes before continuing.
- Soak a nylon brush in Bore Solvent and work the brush through the bore approximately 20 times.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 with two patches. If fouling is still present, repeat step 3.
- (Optional for copper deposits) Apply a liberal amount of Montana X-Treme Copper Cream to a tight fitting patch and work through the bore several times.
- When satisfied the bore is clean, run two dry patches through the bore.
- To further protect the bore, add a small amount of Montana X-Treme Bore Conditioner to a patch and run through the bore several times. Ensure that you do not leave a heavy amount of oil in the barrel.